Our FFL (Federal Firearms License):
Internet Firearm Transfer FAQs:
- Do I need to give you a head’s up about a new purchase?
- No! We process an average of 20 transfers daily, so we’ve almost perfected the process. We’ll call you when your gun is ready for you.
- Is the process different if I’m buying a firearm from a person instead of a dealer?
- Private sellers need to include a copy of their driver’s license with the shipment that also includes your info (name and telephone number) so we can reach you.
- Can I pick up my firearm if my tracking number says it’s been delivered and signed for?
- Please wait until you receive a call with a designated pickup time before coming to the store – we are unable to release guns that were not scheduled for that day.
- What if the gun you receive is different from what I purchased online?
- Our staff will give you an opportunity to inspect your item before you begin your paperwork. If something is wrong, call the seller and we’ll work with you to solve it.
- Do I still have to wait 5 days if I don’t have a Florida Concealed Weapons Permit?
- Yes, although your 5 days begins from the date of purchase. We recommend starting the background check process in our store the day of purchase or bringing in a copy of your purchase receipt with the date of purchase.
- Can I purchase a firearm online as a lawful permanent resident?
- Yes! Due to the way FDLE processes background checks for permanent aliens/non-citizens, we recommend coming in early as most green card holders are delayed for 3 days.
- Do you transfer or “register” firearms for face-to-face private sales?
- Florida is a free state and does not require firearm registration, but we are more than happy to run a background check and transfer a firearm from you to your buyer for $15.
- Are there any exceptions to the next day pickup rule for shipments processed after 2:00?
- Only very good ones. We try to accommodate customers as much as possible, but please call us before you show up to explain your situation.
- I am on vacation/sailing the high seas/filming a movie and need time. How long will you hold my firearms?
- Although we have a small store, we provide customers with 180 days (6 months) to pick up their firearms. Please contact us to make special arrangements if life happens!